Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Missouri

My current renting apartment unit was sold this April.This month when I moved out, both the previous landlord and the current landlord claim they don't have my deposit. They also all claim they have files to prove. How could I get my deposit back?

Asked on 7/10/13, 6:24 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Based upon the facts you described, you may need to sue both. Facing statutory tripling of the wrongly kept deposit, the one not holding the deposit will rat on the other. Most likely, it will be your original landlord that will be found owing.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 7/10/13, 10:21 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Missouri

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now