Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Missouri

What is the form to add someone name on property title. My mother wants to add my name to real estate title so that there is someone else on the property title.

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

From your question it appears that your mother should at least consult with an attorney to see what would be best for her. There are various ways to accomplish various goals, and there are various legal consequences to the specific choice of "forms" to use. Please do not be fooled into thinking that this is just a matter of filling in blanks on a form. Your Mother should be able to have her intentioins met inexpensively by consulting with and using an attorney.

Sean Santoro Santoro Law Office

Whenever a client wishes to make a change in title without selling the property, I suggest they first consult with their CPA/estate planner. Assuming there will be no negative tax ramifications, a person can add someone to the chain of title with a quit claim deed. The grantor would quitclaim the property to themselves and their grantee. Feel free to contact me if you have additional questions.

Sean Santoro/Licensed in KS and MO

Richard Stevens The Stevens Law Firm

both of the posted answers are sound. your mother should see an attorney to obtain an answer best for her situation.

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Missouri