Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Missouri

For the past 4 months I have been trying to modify my mortgage with Nationstar Mortgage and seem to be getting nowhere fast. They keep asking for more documentation. The latest is proof of occupancy. I do not receive mail at my home due to security reasons. I have provided a copy of my cable bill which shows my mailing address as well as the service address and a letter explaining why I do not receive mail at my home. I am so tired of dealing with this that I now just wish to voluntary transfer deed of ownership back to the mortgage company. I am now considering getting legal council as I just received a letter from Millsap & Singer, P.C. law firm to begin the foreclosure process. I am currently 4 months behind on my payments as they have increase beyond my ability to pay. Selling is not a option as I own more than the home is worth and the housing market in Jefferson City, MO is currently flooded with homes that are in much better condition than mine and much larger. What should I do?

Asked on 10/13/13, 11:56 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You may have luck with a short sale. Or, you might be able to refinance through a different lender. You, after consulting directly with an attorney in your area, be able to work a deal through Mildap & Singer. Get with an attorney, in your area, very soon. You need advice specific to the particular facts of your situation.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 10/14/13, 11:25 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Missouri

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now