Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Missouri

Is there any way,,,one can have someones name removed from a deed?

Asked on 8/16/13, 3:35 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Once a Deed is filed and recorded, it is dificult to have it changed. But, there are several ways that a name can be removed from title to property. The hsimplest is to have the person Deed the property to someone else. This can be a co-owner or a new Grantee relative to the sale or gift of the property. If the named person is unwilling or unable to cooperate, a quiet title action may be a good option. You should consult direclty with a civil practice attorrney in your area. You need advice from an attorney that has access to the particular facts of your matter, that you were not able to provide here.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 8/16/13, 11:24 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Missouri

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now