Legal Question in Workers Comp in Missouri

I am allergic to evergreen trees and my work had placed some around the site one being near me after i had told them i was allergic. Since i told them of the situation before they put up the trees could i be reimbursed for my out of pocket expenses?

Anthony Smith LawSmith

You may be able to get reimbursed for the reasonable accommodation required for you to perform the essential tasks of your job. This is an unusual factual scenario. The level allegy reaction, the proximity of the tree(s), and the amount of accommodation you need, will control whther the work comp board will require the employer to provide the accommodation. It might be better to start in a mor einformal matter, in asking for financial assistance. Perhaps, just wearing a breathing mask wil prevent your allergic reaction. If you cannot quickly resolve the situation amicably, you should consult direlcty with a work comp attorney in your area. Many offer a free or low cost initial consultation. They can discuss your options based upon the specific facts of your situation.

Good luck

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Missouri

Workers' Compensation Law Legal Forms