Missouri  |  Workers Comp

Someone I know was injured on the job after only working there for 3 months. They were told they haven't been there long enought to collect from their injury. This is in Missouri. Is this a legitimate answer?

Answered on: 1/10/12, 9:32 am by Robert Curran

No. In general, in Missouri if you've worked somewhere for that long, you are covered for worker's compensation benefits unless one of the exceptions to coverage applies. And if one of the exceptions does apply, then you would NEVER be covered, no matter how long you worked there, so not working there long enough is not a legitimate basis for denying WC benefits.

Please be aware that the statements and opinions provided above are just a broad informational service to the general public. Since this reply is based upon an incomplete description of facts, this email can not used as a substitute for legal advice from a qualified and fully-informed attorney. Also, these communications are intended for use by the public, and this email does not constitute a confidential communication nor does it create an attorney-client relationship with Curran Law Firm or any of its members.

Rob Curran

Curran Law Firm

3516 South National Avenue

Springfield, MO 65807

www.CurranLawFirm.com

Curran Law Firm 3516 South National Avenue Springfield, MO 65807

Answered on: 1/10/12, 5:04 pm by Michael R. Nack

The above answer is very good. I would suggest that the injured party should consult with an attorney. If that person does not already know an attorney, I can refer him or her to one of the very best worker's compensation lawyers in the state for a free consultation.

Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law 200 South Bemiston (307) St. Louis, MO 63105