Legal Question in Workers Comp in Missouri

I live in Missouri. I was terminated from employment in March. Since then I have received my final wages through direct deposit but before my termination I fulfilled a training business trip to New Jersey and back and was promised about $1600 in reimbursement for travel expenses between mileage put onto my personal vehicle and lodging. I have not received compensation for that yet. Tomorrow I am going in to pick up my final pay stubs since none have been mailed to me and I plan on requesting my reimbursement then. I just want to know my legal rights in regards to a time frame that my reimbursement is owed and preferably a citation of a law that I can present to them should they decide to resist paying me for services completed prior to termination.

Thank you,

Asked on 4/08/13, 9:36 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It sounds like you've already had your meeting with your former emplo. If you are dissatisfied with the outcome, you should consult directly with an employment attorney in your area. Many offer a free or low cost initial consultation. Gather the relevant documents, and contact one.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 4/11/13, 5:01 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Missouri

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Workers' Compensation Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now