Missouri  |  Workers Comp

i went to work this morning and sliped and fell on ice outside the door of my place of work before i got inside to clock in and they told me workmans comp wouldnt cover me. (i received a hip injury) is this a true statement they have told me?

Answered on: 2/26/13, 5:34 am by Anthony Smith

If you fell inside your employers building, on the way to your job site, work comp will cover the loss, in most cases. Otherwise, you might be able to make a claim for negligence, which isn't as restricted s work comp. Go see a civil practice attorney in your area. Let then advise you on the specific facts of your case.

Good luck

LawSmith P.O. Box 2336 Lee's Summit, MO 64063

Answered on: 2/27/13, 9:58 am by Rian Ankerholz

If you were on the employer's premises, even outside the building, then you are covered by workers' compensation. If another company was responsible for the maintenance of the area, workers' compensation may not be the preferred source of compensation. Consult an experience personal injury attorney. We are here to help.

Ankerholz and Smith 6900 College Boulevard, Suite 510 Overland Park, KS 66211