Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Montana

can I file bankruptcy on my student loans and have them discharged?

Asked on 8/25/13, 3:33 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Andersen Charles Andersen, Atty
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

No, you need to do more than file. You need to file suit through an attorney against the Dept of Ed from within the bankruptcy, and prove long term disability or hardship.

Read more
Answered on 8/25/13, 6:45 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Montana

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Bankruptcy Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now