Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Nebraska

Need help on my case

My dog and my neighbors dog were both out of their yards. They got into a fight. My neighbor got in the middle of the fight and got bit. She isn't sure which dog bit her. Her dog had got a puncture wound in its abdomen and ended up passing away. She is now taking me to court. She wants me to pay the vet bill, her hospital bill, cremation for her dog and provide her with money to get a new dog. I got a ticket for my dog being at large. She didn't. My question is with both dogs being considered at large how am I responsible for her vey bill? Also, should i have to pay for her hospital bill if it was self inflicted. And the cremation was her choice to do. Will someone please help me? Thanks You.

H.M. Torrey The Law Offices of H.M. Torrey

Re: Need help on my case

The first thing to remember here is that, as the plaintiff, your neighbor has the burden of proof in trying to show and establish that your dog was the one that actually inflicted her injuries/damages, based on a preponderance of the overall evidence. You should make no admissions period, in or out of court, and simply present your side accordingly, letting the court make your neighbor meet its burden of proof.

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Nebraska

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms