Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Nebraska

Sued by state of Nebraska

I need to know if a state can collect on law suit they claim is child support, but is actually an attempt to collect the money the have paid out to my ex. This is also money they paid out to both of us when we needed their help whike we were togeather. My ex did not go to court and request child support. I have actually spoke with the child support office in Nebraska and admitted to me that this was really an attempt to collect money they have paid out to my wife over the past thirteen years. And can they leagally have money deducted from my disability check.

Asked on 12/29/06, 10:50 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Theresa Langford Langford Law Firm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Sued by state of Nebraska

You can talk to an attorney to see if you can get this resolved to be more advantageous for you. When the state spends tax money to support your children, that you have not supported in the past, then they assume rights to collect that child support, to reimburse the tax money spent to feed and support your children. Yes it is legal.

Read more
Answered on 1/02/07, 6:24 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Nebraska

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now