Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Nebraska

About 2 years agao, I posted someting negative about someone on a website anonymously and they found out. I need to remove it but the company is not responding to my e-mails. I want to make this right. What can I do at this point? Can I be charged with a crime? How can I get help to get the posting removed? the site is

Asked on 5/16/13, 8:22 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Matt Jenkins DeMars, Gordon, Olson, Zalewski and Wynner
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I don't have enough information to give a detailed answer, but generally speaking the only thing you could be worried about is a defamation lawsuit. Just saying something negative about someone is not enough to be charged with a crime, but certain threats could potentially lead to criminal liability. I do not know how you could go about getting something removed from the website.

Read more
Answered on 5/16/13, 9:41 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Nebraska

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now