Legal Question in Family Law in Nevada

how old does a child have to be to choose which parent to live with? and can i ask the court permission to move child out of state?

Asked on 7/28/09, 11:23 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jim Herbe Black & Lobello
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Thank you for your inquiry.

Nevada does not have a bright line rule of when a child can determine which parent they wish to live with. However, many family law cases will involve child interviews where their opinions can be confidentially heard without pressure from parents. In order to move your child out of state you typically need primary custody of the child with an actual advantage to moving to the new locale.

Feel free to contact my office if you'd like to discuss your case further.


Jim Herbe


Read more
Answered on 8/03/09, 11:22 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Nevada

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now