Nevada  |  Business Law

I am employed by a Residential Group Home as Activity Director. One resident, who has no diagnosed mental nor emotional disability, screams and otherwise verbally abuses me whenever we come into contact. A few days ago I was asked by management to drive this man to a doctor's appointment. Before I could even start the vehicle, he'd flown into a rage so severe that I feared he might physically assault me. I left the bus, walked back into the building and, in the presence of one other employee, vented my frustration with a verbal and vulgar

expletive. The employee who heard my words reported me to the General Manager who later read me the riot act and suspended me. He indicated that he would determine the continuation of my employment by Monday, 29 July. If he

fires me over this incident, would he be legally empowered to do so since there were such strong mitigating circumstances?