Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Nevada

I cancelled my gym membership with an effective cancel date of 5/31/13. I am now in collections because the gym never cancelled it. I never signed any paper in regards to a contract or membership. According to the gym I still owed for the month of June, so since that happened I now owe for June until September. The first time I even heard about this was two weeks ago and Ive been trying to solve the problem. The local place cant help me, the corporate office doesn't care, their billing company cant help me, and the collections agency only wants money and cannot help me. Help me!

David Otto David Otto & Affiliates, PC

You need to send the collection agency a letter saying you dispute the bill. Send copies to the gym. Also dispute the bill on your credit report. They would have to show a contract to prove you owe the money.

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Nevada

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms