Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Nevada

I cancelled my gym membership with an effective cancel date of 5/31/13. I am now in collections because the gym never cancelled it. I never signed any paper in regards to a contract or membership. According to the gym I still owed for the month of June, so since that happened I now owe for June until September. The first time I even heard about this was two weeks ago and Ive been trying to solve the problem. The local place cant help me, the corporate office doesn't care, their billing company cant help me, and the collections agency only wants money and cannot help me. Help me!

Asked on 9/12/13, 12:09 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Otto David Otto & Affiliates, PC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You need to send the collection agency a letter saying you dispute the bill. Send copies to the gym. Also dispute the bill on your credit report. They would have to show a contract to prove you owe the money.

Read more
Answered on 9/13/13, 12:15 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Nevada

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now