Nevada  |  Credit and Debt Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/14/13, 2:51 pm

I owe credit card debt. I have a UGTMA(Uniform Gift to Minors Account) savings account in her name that I am listed as the guardian. The amount is less than $7,ooo. Can the collections agency obtain a judgment to take the money from the account. The account was opened about 1.5 years ago.

1 Answer

Answered on: 8/15/13, 10:13 am by Paul Malikowski

Nevada Revised Statutes exempt from execution:

(5) A trust forming part of a qualified tuition program pursuant to chapter 353B of NRS, any applicable regulations adopted pursuant to chapter 353B of NRS and section 529 of the Internal Revenue Code, 26 U.S.C. 529, unless the money is deposited after the entry of a judgment against the purchaser or account owner or the money will not be used by any beneficiary to attend a college or university.

NRS 21.090

Your attorney can explain further.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Malikowski Law Offices, Ltd. Post Office Box 9030 Reno, NV 89507-9030

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search