Nevada  |  Discrimination Law

Twice now I have been humiliated at the check-out line in a Reno, NV Safeway store. I was purchasing a bottle of wine with a few other items my wife needed. At the check-out I was asked to show my ID and proof of age. I told the clerk, “Excuse me, I’m paying cash not credit card.” She told me I had to show proof of age and I responded, “That is bull shit, look at me.” I’m 72 years old and don’t look anything like a kid. The clerk called a manager and said I was swearing at her and refused to show my ID.” I left the items I wanted to purchase on the counter and walked out.

The first time this happened the clerk was a kid and I refused to show my ID to buy a bottle of alcohol, a nearby manager told the kid to let it go. But this last time was too humiliating for someone of my age to endure. It was an attempt of invasion of my privacy as well as publically humiliating. The must be some legal course or precedence on a case like this.