Legal Question in Discrimination Law in Nevada

they cant do that it is not right

i was going to move to a 3 bedroom apt in the complex i live in. i went to check to see if the paper work was done and the managers boss denied me the appt because of my boyfriend. she dose not want him there because some of his family lived in a different complex she runs and she had a lot of problems with them. the police have never been to my place i have never had any probles of any kind with the manager and he has never been arested for drugs so there is no legal way she can denied me the appt or is there?

John Hayes The John Hayes Law Offices

Re: they cant do that it is not right

A landlord can rent a property to whomever they wish. They can refuse to rent a property to someone if they simply don't like them. I know this is not what you wanted to hear, but it is the truth. However, if you think she is refusing the rent you the property based on your race, sex, nationality, etc. this is discrimination. If this is the case and you think she is discriminating against your boyfriend than you should consult with an attorney in your area.

Sincerely,

John Hayes, Esq.

A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Warning

Message: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()

Filename: views/new_publicquestionview.php

Line Number: 122

More Other Discrimination Law (Age, Race, Sex, Gender) questions and answers in Nevada