Legal Question in Discrimination Law in Nevada

Talking to children

I am 25 years old. Just recently, I was on-line and chatting with a little girl in Oregon. All of a sudden, her older sister gets on-line and says to me they are ready to press charges against me for chatting with someone who is 12 years old. I am writing because I have quite a bit of doubt in mind about this. I just wanted to find out if indeed that is a law, and if so, why this is the way it is. It seems quite prejudice to me. There is nothing about race, sex, or background preventing stuff like this, so why should age be any different?

James Smith James E. Smith Ltd.

Re: Talking to children

The modus operandi of many pedophiles is to start with a friendly chat with a minor as part of a hidden agenda of seduction. Therefore, I would advise any adult not to talk to strange children on line without permission of their parents.

More Other Discrimination Law (Age, Race, Sex, Gender) questions and answers in Nevada