Legal Question in Family Law in Nevada

I have a 4 year old daughter with my ex girlfriend. She recently moved to Atlanta, GA from Sacramento, CA with my daughter without a job or a place for them to stay. She immediately took a bus to my mother's home in Carrollton, GA. The next day she left my daughter with my mother and has not returned since. Also to make matters worse, my mother and I do not have any knowledge of her whereabouts or how to get in contact with her. Now, due to the circumstances, my mother has to bring my daughter back to her other grandmother's home in Sacramento, California. I currently reside in Reno, NV. I would like to be able to meet my mother when she arrives in California and take my daughter back up to Reno to live with me. Will this be a problem? I am currently paying child support and would love for my daughter to be with me. This is the only way that I can be sure that she won't be bounced around from place to place and will be safe. What should I do?

Asked on 7/07/13, 5:32 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Courtney John Peter Lee, Ltd.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You should seek modification of the custody arrangement from the Court.

Read more
Answered on 7/08/13, 11:12 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Nevada

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now