Nevada  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/19/13, 10:01 pm

My ex and I have been divorced for 2 years. He got arrested for domestic violence against me. Now he is taking me back to court to modify our divorce decree. We live in different states and now wants me to meet him- drive about 3 hours each way, every other weekend. I have other children (we only have 1 in common) He has another child living in the same state that I live in and has no other responsibilities where he lives. However, the other child's mother has not only agreed to drive her child half way, she has also agreed to transport my child (in a court order)- her life circumstances are extremely different from mine. This woman is a stranger to my child and myself. Will a court order me to drive back and forth every other weekend (about 12 hrs) with my other minor children or force me to allow this woman to transport my child to another state?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search