Nevada  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/23/09, 1:52 pm

We live in NV and my husband is military. My son's biological father is in TN where we also orginated from. My son's biological father has agreed to let my husband adopt my son, who is 12 years old. I am trying to find out how much I can expect to pay and where I need to go to get the legal help? Military legal said it wasn't them since my son's biological father was a civilian, so now I don't know where to go for help and what I should do now. Thanks for your help!

History: Bio father just came back after being absent for 8yrs. We had joint custody with the child residing with me when I was in TN. Then, I moved to TX (legally) and he eventually stopped calling. He is understanding that my son now wants my husband, who has been there for him, to adopt him. He has agreed to allow it.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search