Legal Question in Family Law in Nevada

We live in NV and my husband is military. My son's biological father is in TN where we also orginated from. My son's biological father has agreed to let my husband adopt my son, who is 12 years old. I am trying to find out how much I can expect to pay and where I need to go to get the legal help? Military legal said it wasn't them since my son's biological father was a civilian, so now I don't know where to go for help and what I should do now. Thanks for your help!

History: Bio father just came back after being absent for 8yrs. We had joint custody with the child residing with me when I was in TN. Then, I moved to TX (legally) and he eventually stopped calling. He is understanding that my son now wants my husband, who has been there for him, to adopt him. He has agreed to allow it.

Jim Herbe Black & Lobello

Good afternoon.

If your child's biological father consents to the adoption you would be able to do an uncontested adoption. I would be able to speak to you further so feel free to contact my office. My office handles such matters on a flat fee or sometimes clients will use our office for a consultation to assist them through the process.

Feel free to contact me at the number below if you'd like to discuss further.

Regards,

Jim Herbe, Esq.

702.307.1355

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Nevada