Legal Question in Family Law in Nevada

Not Married moving out of state with child

My daughter has been living on and off with her boyfriend for 7 years. They have a son that

has the fathers last name hes is 4 1/2. She has decided to move from Nevada, to Colorado to live with family, he doesn't want to move at this time. Her boyfriend has told her she can't leave the state with their son. No legal papers have every been signed or formal child support started. She has filed with the IRS as sole supporter thats about it. The Father occasionally works and they live together most of the time. Our question is can she leave the state?

Asked on 4/25/02, 11:47 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jeffrey Cogan Law Offices of Jeffrey A. Cogan, Chartered
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Not Married moving out of state with child

She has the right to move until he has established paternity. If he has the money and hires a lawyer, she will have to spend about $1,000 to defend the case, though the judge will allow her to move.

Jeffrey Cogan


Read more
Answered on 4/25/02, 12:37 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Nevada

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now