Legal Question in Family Law in Nevada

hi i just moved to neveda from florida. i need to know the most inexpensive way to get divorve and where to begin.i am clueless where to start

I was married to him 3 years,no kids,100 disabled and so is he, he is retired from the military and recieves spouse money for my behalf from the va airforce and tricare medical for me. Am I entilted for the money he hasnt given me for the past 3 months. Or spouse support, since i am on medicare, and 100 disabled and i was a housewife. I went to college, which i took student loans which he signed to take care of as long as i did. is he responsiable to help me pay knowing at the time i cant work due to my disability. What am i entilted to

Asked on 5/08/12, 5:33 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

In order to get divorced in Nevada, you need to have physically resided here in Las Vegas for at least 6 weeks before filing your complaint for divorce.

Based upon your financial circumstances, you may qualify for free legal assistance. Contact the Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada or Nevada Legal Services. These are two pro bono agencies that may be able to assist you. You can find their contact information online.

Good Luck!

Read more
Answered on 5/10/12, 8:43 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Nevada

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now