Legal Question in Family Law in Nevada

What if a spouse refuses to pay spousal support listed in a motion Does that mean the case will go to trail?

Asked on 6/02/13, 10:30 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Wright The Wright Law Offices, PC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It may go to trial, also called an evidentiary hearing, if you file a Motion for and Order to Show Cause why your ex should not be held in contempt of a lawful court order. If your ex has a good reason, such as that he or she deserves a credit or offset, then the judge may want to see evidence at a trial. If the ex has no good reason, you should move to reduce the arrears to judgment and collect by any lawful means, including garnishment. You may also be able to get the District Attorney's office involved.

Read more
Answered on 6/17/13, 4:52 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Nevada

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now