Legal Question in Family Law in Nevada

my youngest is 9 my name is on the birth cert and she has my last name at age 6 my ex told me she wasnt mine iam filing modification of custody on my other 2 kids but dont know what papers to file to get custody of her my ex is currently incarcerated and will be for about a year and she left my kids with her mother please help me

Roger Harada Law Office of Roger R. Harada

It's not exactly clear from your facts if there are three children that you share with your ex, however, I would suggest you not treat your youngest child as any different than the other two in your efforts for seeking a change of custody. In the absence of a judicial determination otherwise (which would have included some genetic testing from the other putative father), the legal status of your youngest child is that she is still yours. Your case is sufficiently complex such that I would suggest at least consulting an attorney to see if you should retain one to insure you get the results you want.

Good luck,

Roger R. Harada, Esq.

475 S. Arlington Ave., Ste. 1A

Reno, Nevada 89501

(775) 787-7200

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Nevada