Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Nevada

My friend and I were skateboarding in a neighborhood next to a park. As you enter the neighborhood there is a large sign which says "residencial not recreational area". One of the residences told us to leave and that there was a sign that said we couldn't skateboard there. We left not wanting to cause any issues. My question would be does this sign make it illegal for us to be skating in the area? I understand it would be more of an issue if it were a private road. I'm unsure of the status of the road in that regard. Although, lets assume it's public, it seemed to be public anyways. Thanks!

David Otto David Otto & Affiliates, PC

If it's a private road, and you are "unwanted' they can ask you to leave or stop skating and have you trespassed if you fail to comply. If it's a public road, the sign is meaningless in my opinion. If the road is in an HOA controlled development - a 'walled kingdom' filled with 'starter castles' then it is more than likely private if not, it is more than likely public.

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Nevada

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms