Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Nevada

what type of damages can be claimed when seeking return of property?

Asked on 11/04/12, 10:40 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

John Courtney John Peter Lee, Ltd.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

This question is too vague for an accurate and complete response. Generally, however, you should be able to receive damages equal to an amount that would put you in relatively the same position as you would have been but for the conduct of another.

Read more
Answered on 11/05/12, 2:37 pm
Paul Malikowski Malikowski Law Offices, Ltd.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Conversion exists where one exerts wrongful dominion over another's personal property or wrongful interference with the owner's dominion. The act constituting "conversion" must be an intentional act, but it does not require wrongful intent and is not excused by care, good faith, or lack of knowledge. Conversion does not require a manual taking. Where one makes an unjustified claim of title to personal property or asserts an unfounded lien to said property which causes actual interference with the owner's rights of possession, a conversion exists.

If the property is returned, loss of use for the period of wrongful dominion is one measure of damages. Other damages may also apply. Your attorney can explain further.

Read more
Answered on 11/06/12, 11:10 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Nevada

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now