Legal Question in Investment Law in Nevada

stock certificate

my stock certificate was issued to me with roughly 160000 more shares then it should be...the company wants me to return it and send me my lesser amount that i paid i have to send it back??

Asked on 6/12/09, 11:32 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Warren Markowitz Warren R. Markowitz, Esq
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: stock certificate

If the shares were issued incorrectly then they are entitled to void your certificate and issue you a proper one.

They are also allowed to void the cert without you returning it and correcting the share amount on their books and records. I would suggest that you simplify the process for all and return the cert and have them issue you a new one, it will provide an easier route for you when you go to sell it in the future.

Read more
Answered on 6/12/09, 12:30 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Investment Law questions and answers in Nevada

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Investment Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now