Legal Question in Military Law in Nevada

Sgli left to servicemembers spouse 100%. Servicemember had 2 children from 1st marriage. Current spouse not giving children any of the life insurance. Can they take current spouse to court for a portion of their deceased parents life insurance?

Asked on 9/14/12, 4:26 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marshal Willick Willick Law Group
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Almost certainly not. To date, all challenges to SGLI designations, which are considered the sole right of the servicemember to make, have been unsuccessful, following the Ridgway case. For details, see the extensive article, "Divorcing the Military," on the Military Retirement Benefits page of our firm website.

Read more
Answered on 9/15/12, 2:14 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Military Law questions and answers in Nevada

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now