Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Nevada

Boyfriend and I are splitting up. The house is in my name. He gifted me the money for the down payment. I pay EVERYTHING! does he have any right to the "gifted" money? What are my options?

Asked on 1/21/13, 6:39 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

James Smith James E. Smith Ltd.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The issue of "gift" would have to be decided by a judge. Otherwise, there may me an implied partnership or joint venture for the house and he would be entitled to some reimbursement.

Read more
Answered on 1/22/13, 6:30 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Nevada

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now