Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Nevada

We have a home in rural Nv, and have quit claimed it over to our Granddaughter, who is making the payments. We understand that we are still finacially responsible for this house, unless she should refinance. Shouldn't the payments come in her name, so she can claim taxes and insurance on the property?

Asked on 10/17/13, 1:54 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Paul Malikowski Malikowski Law Offices, Ltd.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If your grantee is the legal owner of the real property by a properly delivered and recorded deed, then there should be no issue over the tax treatment of mortgage debt and other possibly deductible items associated with ownership, regardless of the names stated on the bills. Your attorney and tax professional can explain further.

Read more
Answered on 10/17/13, 2:09 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Nevada

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now