Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Nevada

In the state of nv is there a law where the buyer/seller cannot talk or contact the escrow officer or escrow office? All questions have to go through the realtor only.

Rick Williams Law Offices of Frederick D. (Rick) Williams, Chtd.

The escrow officer is a neutral, unbiased third party to the transaction. He/she has the responsibility of ensuring good title, handling all the accounting, contacting any lienholders, making the payoff of existing financing, arranging the title insurance policies and a bunch of other tasks. If your questions are about one of these areas of expertise, your escrow agent likely can answer it better than anyone else involved, and there is nothing saying that you cannot communicate with him/her. I am thinking that your Realtor wants to maintain "client control" to keep you from becoming a pest to the escrow agent or misinterpreting something that you might hear. It may be completely honorable, but I would certainly ask if there is some policy with your agent's office or the title company regarding this issue.

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Nevada