Nevada  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/14/13, 12:31 pm

Suv crashed into my home is home insurance enough?

1 Answer

Answered on: 5/14/13, 2:29 pm by Rick Williams

Start by asking for the police report generated by the investigating officer (presuming someone called the police after the accident). It will reveal the identity of the driver and his insurance company, as well as policy number, if he is insured. His insurance is primarily responsible for the damages, as I cannot imagine the building jumped in front of him and caused the collision. If there was no police investigation, I certainly hope you gathered ID from the driver and can follow up to make claim on his automobile insurance policy. If you cannot locate the necessary information, file a claim on your homeowner's policy and let your insurance company do the work to track him down and seek subrogation (reimbursement) from the insurance company that should cover his negligence. Save that option for last, though, as you do not want a claim appearing on your insurance history if you can avoid it.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Law Offices of Frederick D. (Rick) Williams, Chtd. 5515 Wedekind Rd Sparks, NV 89431-1147

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search