Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Nevada

I have a teneant taht has not lived in my place for more tan 30days. has not paid rent since Sept. 1. The power has been turned off. I cannot contact by phone in dozens of tries. they have left all of their peronal stuff. Much of it is good expensive things. Computers, TV, i-pods, etc. Waht are my options to get rid of these things so i can rent my place out again.

Asked on 11/02/09, 6:14 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jeffrey Cogan Jeffrey A. Cogan, Esq., Ltd.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Send him a notice to the last know address, probably your house, that he has 15 days to pick up his stuff or you will sell it. Send it both certified and regular mail. Give him 19 days because we want to be conservative, (3 days for mailing and one day for the day you served it). After that, dispose of his property as you see fit if he does not contact you, make payment arrangements for the storage since September 1.

Read more
Answered on 11/07/09, 7:28 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Nevada

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now