Legal Question in Business Law in New Hampshire

I signed a contract with a security/alarm vendor for my company with the understanding it was an annual contract. My mistake for not reading every 'fine printed' word but it is for 5 years. Their service has dropped off substantially and are no longer performing services to an acceptable level. They are threatening to sue me if I break the contract and have now stopped communicating with us and won't return emails and phone calls. Is there a term limit on business to business contracts in NH? How can I get out from under this contract?

Asked on 4/26/13, 11:10 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bruce L. Dorner Dorner Law Office
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

A contract of this type requires that you pay a sum of money, and the alarm company provides a level of service. If they are not living up to their end of the bargain, you may be able to obtain damages. Whether the damages amount to a right to terminate the contract will require a full examination of the contract and all of the facts and circumstances regarding your dissatisfaction with the provider and what steps, if any, they have taken to address your concerns. The best way to address these concerns is to meet with an attorney.

Bruce L. Dorner

Dorner Law Office

80 Nashua Road

Londonderry, NH 03053


Read more
Answered on 4/26/13, 11:34 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in New Hampshire

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Business Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now