Legal Question in Constitutional Law in New Hampshire

Mass. Income Tax

I live in N.H. but work in Mass. The state of MA requires that I pay the same income tax as MA residents do. Since I am being taxed without having any representation, is this unconstitutional?

Asked on 11/12/08, 9:02 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Edward Hoffman Law Offices of Edward A. Hoffman
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Mass. Income Tax

No. You have representation, but have chosen to work outside your representatives' jurisdiction. That choice does not exempt you from the laws of the state where you work.

Read more
Answered on 11/12/08, 10:25 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Constitutional Law questions and answers in New Hampshire

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now