Legal Question in Constitutional Law in New Hampshire

Witness Subpoena

How to get out of a witness subpoena?

Asked on 1/26/09, 9:41 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Andrew Winters Cohen & Winters, PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Witness Subpoena

You probably can't, depending on the circumstances. If you were properly served, you have to appear. You can argue ahead of time that your testimony is irrelevant If you fail to appear on a valid subpoena, you can be held in contempt of court and, in some circumstances, even incarcerated.

Read more
Answered on 1/29/09, 10:25 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Constitutional Law questions and answers in New Hampshire

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now