Legal Question in Family Law in New Hampshire

My daughter is going to be moving in with a 7 time convicted felon and an xconvict and a drug addict. I am not sure if according to my parenting plan I can legally get a court case to stop this. She will not be moving farther away. In fact they will be living in the current town.

My parenting plan states the following

"Either parent may move the child's residence if it results in parents living closer and doesn't affect the child's school. Prior to relocating the child's residence farther from the other parent or in such a way that school enrollment will be impacted, the other parent shall provide reasonable notice to the other parent. For purposes of this section sixty days notice shall be presumed to be reasonable unless other factors are found present. At the request of either party the courts shall hold a hearing on the relocation issue. "

Asked on 11/15/13, 9:23 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ian Reardon Ian Reardon - Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You should consult a NH family law attorney who can review your entire case. These can be very complicated and someone would need to review your entire parenting plan and corresponding documents.

Read more
Answered on 11/15/13, 9:32 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New Hampshire

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now