New Hampshire  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/17/13, 1:56 pm

Good afternoon... I have a quick question. I live in CT and my ex-wife lives in NH. She won't allow me my visitation rights with my daughter who is now thirteen. This has been going on since 2008. My wife has physical custody and we share joint legal custody. I unfortunately did have some trouble with the law in NH back in 2007. That matter was continued and dismissed in 2008. I also had those records expunged in the Spring of 2012. I did have a drinking problem and was hospitalized in July 2009. I am happy to say that I have not had a drink since that date. It has been more than five years since all of this has occurred and my ex-wife still won't let me have visitation with her. I'm not looking for what was on the original parenting plan enforced to the letter. (alt weekends, alt holidays/alt years) If I could, I would but this would be to hard on my daughter who lives 2 1/2 hours away. I'm just looking for her to come visit me at my home in CT on the occasional long weekend, some agreed upon holidays, and maybe a week during the summer. I have presented this to my daughter and she seems receptive to it. Her Grandmother, who also lives in CT, is 76 years old and can't make the trek up to NH with me on the weekends I go up to see her play soccer, basketball, etc. I would like her to get to know her grandmother a little better than the occasional phone call. Would you please let me know if I am OK taking this issue to court ??? This is an unfortunate situation just plain sad. Any advise you could lend would be greatly appreciated. Thank You !!!

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search