New Jersey  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/02/13, 1:55 pm

I have mortgage lien on my house that was actually paid off 20 years ago, but the record never made it to the county records. The original mortgage company has been flipped and after working with Chase, Citi and PNCBank - no one can point me to any records. I was told to file a "action to quiet title". I'm assuming that will remove the lien. Can I do this myself - what is involved?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

130 Answers given in the last few hours.

8627 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search