New Jersey  |  Disability Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/20/10, 4:14 pm

This weekend I was got a "complaint-summons" for "Within the jurisdiction of this court, purposely cause or recklessly create the risk of public inconvenience, annoyance or alarm by creating a physically dangerous condition by an act which served no legitimate purpose of the defendant, specifically by trying to cause a fight with another subject while being intoxicated under the age to consume alcohol, in violation of N.J.S. 2C:33-2A (2)." I also got a complaint for "underage drinking, 4-5.4" I had to go to court today, and I plead not guilty. They said they will schedule a trial. I am unsure of exactly what the complaints mean and what are the potential punishments of them. Basically my question is should I get a lawyer and try to fight it? Or is it not a big deal and I should just plead guilty? The "subject" who I was trying to fight with was my best friend&he would testify saying that I wasn't trying to hurt him or whatever. Thank you for any help I can get.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search