Legal Question in Bankruptcy in New Jersey

can u file chapter7 bankrupcty again if you filed before or what is my next step

Jeffrey Walters Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Walters, LLC

For your question, I'll assume that your prior filing was also a Chapter 7. Generally, if 8 years has passed since the filing date of your prior Chapter 7, you can obtain another discharge in a new Chapter 7. This is assuming that Chapter 7 is right for you. If not enough time has passed, and you need protection, there are other options to deal with your situation. I suggest that you discuss your situation with an attorney to decide what course of action is best for you. Feel free to call me. My office is in Mt. Laurel. See also www.MountLaurelAttorney.com

Note: Due to the limitations of the LawGuru Forums, the response to questions posted does not constitute legal advice or legal representation of the person posting a question. The information provided is general. The poster should obtain specific legal advice from an attorney, and should not rely upon the response as the basis for making any decisions of legal consequence.

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in New Jersey

Bankruptcy Law Legal Forms