Legal Question in Business Law in New Jersey

I have a client that owes me $15000 on a $81k invoice. Its for kitchen cabinets. What are my choices in recouping the money

Asked on 6/26/13, 11:43 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Barry Gartenberg Barry F. Gartenberg LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I routinely represent clients in matters such as yours. However, it would be imprudent to offer advice based upon a very limited information. Please feel free to call me to discuss your situation in greater detail. 973-921-0600.

Read more
Answered on 6/26/13, 11:58 am
Robert Davies The Davies Law Firm, P.A.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

1. try it on your own. then

2. get a collections agency, or

3. skip the collections agency and have a lawyer go after them.

the lawyer can threaten to sue, and then sue. the collections agency can not.

call me, we will talk. I have been doing this work since 1987.

Robert Davies, Esq.

201 820 3460

Read more
Answered on 6/26/13, 12:28 pm
Walter LeVine Walter D. LeVine, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I agree with Robert, but add that you might file a workman's lien against the property in which the cabinets were installed.

Read more
Answered on 6/26/13, 1:11 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in New Jersey

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Business Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now