Legal Question in Business Law in New Jersey

helo i made a verbal agreemnet in the state of new jersey but the person only told me he was selling me the store but know he telling me that he only sold me the customer with store and everyweek he keep telling me that if i did not pay him he was going to take everything back and just leave me with nothing but the customers and now since i had no contract i gave the store back to him and just keep the stuff that i own and how he is threatening that i am going to get in to big trouble is he just threatening me or should i get a laywer

Barry Gartenberg Barry F. Gartenberg LLC

Unfortunately, you should have retained a lawyer before entering any agreement to buy the business. As a general rule, oral contracts are enforceable. I suggest that you consult a lawyer so you understand your options and protect your interest. Kindly understand that this is not legal advice or opinion and that this exchange does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please feel free to contact me. 973-921-0600.

More Business Law questions and answers in New Jersey

Business Law Legal Forms