New Jersey  |  Civil Rights Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 12/20/12, 8:11 am

Hi since 2001 all the way till 2012 my daughter has been abused my her mother there were numerous times where dyfs had been involed and evidence that she was abused after 2006 my daughters mother had put a restraining order on me so that I didn't see my daughter and so that she can continue to do harm to her. In 2012 now that my daughter is 14 she now had gone to her school nurse and told her that her mom had abused her. I had gone to court with her mom in november of 2012 and they had arrested her for child abuse. This could have all been prevented if dyfs had done their job and because they failed to do so I have not seen my daughter in 6 years. I would like to know where I can go with this?

1 Answer

Answered on: 12/22/12, 10:02 am by Savyon Grant

First question is why did dyfs not give you visitation rights? If they made a mistake or failed to properly investigate and injured the child we can sue dyfs for damages.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Law Office of Savy Grant 530 SYLVAN AVE Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search