What do I do if my landlord harasses me?
I have paid my rent in full up to this point. I needed a little assistance for the months of March, April and May. I am paid in full up to May. I am a week late on June's rent. My landlord has been patient with me up to this point and understands my situation. I know my rent has to be paid on time, and she set up a 10 day grace period, so I have up to June 10 to pay my rent.
However, she's been harassing me. I understand why, but here's the nature of the harassment:
1. She's called me three times over the course of the week and has left angry phone calls, all early in the morning.
2. She intentionally waits for me to go out to my car and is verbally abusive, causing me to be late to work on occasion. This happens every morning when I go out.
3. She hasn't given me a rent receipt to show I paid my rent.
4. She has failed to fix a hazard (a railing leading up to my apartment) that I told her about back in April.
5. She is forcing me to give out private information (like phone numbers of family members) to get them involved.
6. She allows another tenant to keep cats (which I am allergic to) and I am not allowed to have ANY pets.
What should I do? I understand about eviction but what should I do about this harassment?