New Jersey  |  Construction Law

A friend of mine a had fire in her house over a year ago and the contractor that was hired to fix her house house done nothing. She has been living in a hotel for over 1 1/2 years. Everytime she calls the contractor he does not even call her back. The storage unit is about to sell off her property she is about to lose everything she owns. She will be kicked out of the hotel and she has no money for food. All her money went towards the contractor to fix her home. And he refuses to return calls. Can someone please help this poor lady before she loses everything.

Answered on: 10/22/12, 12:59 pm by Jef Henninger, Esq

I think most lawyers would want a retainer to handle this but it sounds like she can't afford that. Thus, unless someone is willing to pay her legal fees in advance, I'm not sure someone can help her. Of course, maybe someone will step up and take this on a contingency.

Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq. 8 Offices in New Jersey Tinton Falls, Newark, Toms Riv, NJ 08901