New Jersey  |  Consumer Law

I bought a used toyota highlander a few months ago. I popped the hood today and saw only 4 cylinders in the engine. When I bought the car, I was specifically lookinh for a 6 cylinder. The toyota dealerships salesperson told me the car was 6 cylinder, so I bought it. I just looked over the contract for the car, and nowhere dodoes it mention the numI bought a used toyota highlander a few months ago. I popped the hood today and saw only 4 cylinders in the engine. When I bought the car, I was specifically lookinh for a 6 cylinder. The toyota dealerships salesperson told me the car was 6 cylinder, so I bought it. I just looked over the contract for the car, and nowhere dodoes it mention the number of cylinders. The only place it does say is on the CarFax, and it says the car is a 4 cylinder. ber of cylinders. The only place it does say is on the CarFax, and it says the car is a 4 cylinder. I have no proof they told me it was 6 cylinder cuz there is nothing in the contract about that. What can I do to get my money back

Answered on: 4/23/13, 6:25 am by Robert Davies

You bought a 4 cylinder. And you wanted a 6 cylinder. You signed the contract and bought the car.

I would need to look over the contract, talk to you and ask questions, and then see what is the best action for you to take.

The Davies Law Firm, P.A. 45 Essex Street, Suite 3 West Hackensack, NJ 07601