New Jersey  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/18/13, 12:36 pm

I was denied for my purchasers ID card and a handgun permit for an aggravated assault I was convicted of in DEC 2000 at the age of 15. After appealing the denial in superior court, the judge ruled in my favor and overturned the denial. Now the state police has denied me on my NICS check and sighting the No Early Release Act for the aggravated assault as to the denial, also overruling the superior court judge and the court. Was the NERA even enacted back in 2000? How can a state trooper overrule a superior court and a superior court judge?

1 Answer

Answered on: 6/18/13, 1:14 pm by Jef Henninger, Esq

You shouldn't have handled the permit without an attorney. I'd be happy to help you work this out.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq. 8 Offices in New Jersey Tinton Falls, Newark, Toms Riv, NJ 08901

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search